Thursday, May 8, 2008

Scott L. Detects "Shiftless Negroes"

From Lawyers, Guns & Money:

Armandologic Goes Mainstream! Shorter Verbatim Hillary Clinton: "I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on...Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me.

"See, Obama's coalition is bigger. But Clinton's is broader, because it consists of more Real Americans and fewer [insert adjectives from RNC attack ad here] elitists and Shiftless Negroes.

Please tell me she was misquoted here; I really never thought that the worst arguments of her hack defenders would start coming from the candidate herself. I may have to retract what I said earlier -- if she cares at all about her reputation it may be wise for Clinton to drop out before she says more stuff like this. Posted by Scott Lemieux at 6:31 AM

No comments: