Thursday, May 1, 2008

Annals of Bureaucracy

If one is dealing w/ a bureaucratic organization (Let's pick one at random, the County of Los Angeles Department of Mental Health, as a purely hypothetical example.) & said bureaucracy, or at least all of the humanoids working therein w/ whom one has had contact, are incompetent, incapable of doing their jobs, lazy, stupid, or more interested in boosting their own "self-esteem" by treating their "clients" like shit, because the clients are some of our society's most powerless & can't fight back, should one "threaten" these bureaucratic incompetents by suggesting the possibility of a lawyer to sue them, or using the Department's own "grievance" system against them, they then decide that they are being "threatened," & will not respond to any of one's requests for help. In other words, their refusal/inability to assist their "clients" make clients even worse, & when said clients react other than in full Oliver Twist, cap off, knuckle to forehead, "please, sir, may I have some more gruel" mode, the "clients" get screwed again. Damned if one does, damned if one doesn't. Here is a "threatening" e-mail., to which no response was rec'd.:
I took my last Lexapros today, can you refill my prescription, & advise me by e-mail, so I don't have to go on more wild goose chases, as your colleagues at the DMH are so fond of sending me on?
Jeezis Hussein Christ, I know if I were a so-called doctor whose sole medical activity consisits of increasing dosages I'd certainly look at at this as a threat. Get out the restraining orders!!

2 comments:

Larry Harmon said...

No wonder that they have armed guards search you at the door of the DMH in Hollywood.......
P.

Glennis said...

I'm sorry you are having such frustrating trouble, M.