Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm Sick & Tired/And I Really Have My Doubts/I've Tried & Tried/But It Never Really Works Out

Screwed again by the heartless, faceless, scatter-brained bureaucracy. And we knew better, but didn't want to tell someone how to do her job. At least she gave me bus tokens, so no hard cash was wasted on a trip to nowhere. A sad state of affairs, when the editor of this web log has a better idea of how to do something w/in the County Mental Health bureaucracy then its own wage-slaves do. Just too smart for our own good. Our problem all our life. (Here we break into song, something along the lines of: "I wish that I were stupid/as fucking dumb as you/I wish that I were stupid/then I'd be happy too." Needs a little work, but you get the idea. Or are you stupid too? We bet you just might be. Wouldn't want to be different, would you?) Anyway, we've just about had it. 54 yrs. wasted in this world of liars, thieves, murderers & cheaters, not one fucking thing to show for it, & surrounded by stupid, ignorant incompetents every step of the way. Oh, no, we have three bags of shit to show for it ("Yes sir, yes sir, three bags of shit full.") which we have to drag around w/ us everywhere we go. That's something to show. Show the world that we're dangerous homeless scum, mostly. Quiver in fear, members of the housed community! We may urinate in your fucking alley some day. That'd be the end of your world, wouldn't it? We wish that one of those bags were filled w/ something that would blow up real good; one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter, as they say, & we'd really like to free most of the world from their mortgages & SUVs & hair-styles & hideous jobs (even worse: "careers") & relatives & beliefs & everything else, especially their ugly bodies. P. S.: We were really fucking angry before we spent some of our precious Food Stamps on some food. Two new assholes would have been torn, & many more idle threats would have been made. Hope this was enough to keep you happy for a while.

4 comments:

Larry Harmon said...

So, Bouff, what happened at the County Dept. of Mental Health to provoke sucha a tirade?
P.

M. Bouffant said...

The Editor's Sad Tale:
Laziness & incompetence on the part of my case worker, who doesn't seem to have any idea of how things work. One needs a referral from a "gatekeeper" (a County Mental Health employee) to get into a shelter, so she calls a tel. # on a list of shelters for the "gatekeeper" at the downtown County MHC, gets a voicemail for a Dr., & leaves the same message twice, rather than attempting to contact either the person named as the gatekeeper or whoever the gatekeeper is now. I knew damn well that I would need to bring paperwork, & that the gatekeeper would have to fax something to the shelter, but said nothing because I'm passive/agressive or too polite or something, so I took the bus tokens @ went downtown to Crocker St., where I was turned away.

Larry Harmon said...

Egad, this is the same person who discouraged you from applying for SSI in the first place. What a shithead. Sheesh!
P.

D. Sidhe said...

I dunno. Idle threats seem like a fine place to start. Not sure how long they'd stay idle if I were you. Urban Camping got old for me when I was sixteen and relatively healthy. Also stuff-less, so I got fewer of the looks and it was easier to run away if necessary.